Birthdays at office are always special occasions.... u get to eat some good cake, it lightens up the mood and generally lead to some interesting and humorous discussions as a result of frustrated group of adults getting sudden doses of sugar... thats bound to happen!
Yesterday was one such day, and goes without saying, it sparked of a interesting conversation. This one about birth dates.
It started with birthdays falling on 1st Jan when the world is too hungover to remember it but still celebrates at the stroke of midnight.
Then the next obvious suspect... 29th Feb. I came to know that one of our PMs, Morarji Desai was born on this day. He was thus technically 24 when he died..but actually had lived a long life of 96... there was also a reason for that as I found out... well, lets not go there for now :)
So on and so forth, the random ramblings continued till a startling fact about birthdays came out.
A friend then mentions that some schools in Bangalore DO NOT admit children who are born in between October and January!!! (most of you are rubbing your eyes in disbelief now. Well the one who are single/do not have kids)
I jumped of my seat with laughter as I heard this... only to realize that this is a real problem that my colleague was facing in real life.
To others like me out there, I realized that where to go for dinner tonight, what to do on weekends and what to drink on a weekend (generally thats what it comes down to always) are NOT the real issues in life!
But who cares as far as these are the only issues in life!!
Well, coming back to this discrimination against Quarter 3 born children, I cant help but laugh as this thought comes to my mind... you idiots, Pandit Nehru was born on 14th November.. bang in the center of this period, you celebrate CHILDREN'S DAY on this day, for Gods sake!!
Me says.. sue this school and luckily with the settlement amount you get, your child would not need to go to school for life :). Now, Wouldn't that be a real tribute to Children's day!
Yesterday was one such day, and goes without saying, it sparked of a interesting conversation. This one about birth dates.
It started with birthdays falling on 1st Jan when the world is too hungover to remember it but still celebrates at the stroke of midnight.
Then the next obvious suspect... 29th Feb. I came to know that one of our PMs, Morarji Desai was born on this day. He was thus technically 24 when he died..but actually had lived a long life of 96... there was also a reason for that as I found out... well, lets not go there for now :)
So on and so forth, the random ramblings continued till a startling fact about birthdays came out.
A friend then mentions that some schools in Bangalore DO NOT admit children who are born in between October and January!!! (most of you are rubbing your eyes in disbelief now. Well the one who are single/do not have kids)
I jumped of my seat with laughter as I heard this... only to realize that this is a real problem that my colleague was facing in real life.
To others like me out there, I realized that where to go for dinner tonight, what to do on weekends and what to drink on a weekend (generally thats what it comes down to always) are NOT the real issues in life!
But who cares as far as these are the only issues in life!!
Well, coming back to this discrimination against Quarter 3 born children, I cant help but laugh as this thought comes to my mind... you idiots, Pandit Nehru was born on 14th November.. bang in the center of this period, you celebrate CHILDREN'S DAY on this day, for Gods sake!!
Me says.. sue this school and luckily with the settlement amount you get, your child would not need to go to school for life :). Now, Wouldn't that be a real tribute to Children's day!
This real problem everywhere for 3rd qtr born chiledren who stand to lose an educational year.Just thank me for you missed the misary just by fraction.
ReplyDelete