Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Memories and best wishes...

The greatest thing you can gain in life is not money, property or fame, it is true friendship. I would consider myself to be lucky to have the friends that I have in my life.
Last month being December, was the 'Shaadi season' in India. No prizes for guessing, few of my close friends tied the knot and one friend got engaged [so he still has one last exit option available ;)]. It was made better by the fact that other friends from around the world came to Bombay for these occasions and bought along with them the insanity and memories of the best years of my life.

These are very special friends, each one special his/her own way and is a very important part of my life. But, this one is for those who entered a new phase of their life.

The season started with festivities at the home of one of my dearest friends, Amit. Amit and his fiancée are both batch mates from my undergrad college. The wedding was even more fun as it bought together our old bunch of insane friends after a year.
Although, I hadn't met him for many days before the wedding, it felt like we'd spend time together just yesterday. That is the friendship I share with him. Memories of me, him and another one of our eternally F friends studying together for the engineering exams are refreshed. Memories ranging from the late night blitz of studies on the day before the viva, the innumerable lassis at Vig, the search for the perfect pen for Kedi which in the end failed at its objective of helping him complete the paper to the hours spend culminating in being thrown out of the workshop during the robotics event. I can't thank him enough for the super strong AC in his car which enabled me to be sober before reaching home after a late night out! One of my dearest friends, all I an say is 'have a awesome life ahead and keep rocking'

Next on the list was Khyati. Honestly, she is one of the most amazing friends I have. She is a great girl who always induces a feeling of awe in all of us (and I can say this on behalf of my other friends). She played the balancing factor in our other wise crazy gang of friends.
I am reminded of our trip to Lavasa about 6 months back, a trip that worked out after infinite year of planning. I can surely say that all of us made it a point to be there only for you Khyati! As I write this, Khyati would have spend her first day in her new home in Seattle. I need not wish her luck because she does not need it. Her her approach to life ensures that luck has to follow her. For you Khyati, I just say, have a good time and enjoy married life in Seattle (and of course keep in touch... and yes, one last thing, hope you like the speakers!)

The next shaadi I attended was of another close friend, Preetesh. I can't curse myself enough when I think that I had planned on not going there earlier (in my defence, due to some issues in my schedule). But I sure am glad that I did go. Preetesh is a guy who I have spend limited time with in b school,  but then, its about the quality and not quantity of time you spend!
Thinking about Preetesh takes me back to the days we spend at Rajpal's place (rather late nights) working on our project. His incessant want for home cooked food (not any food but specific items that he would order from an imaginary menu) which we used as a carrot to get him to work, his insistence on switching off the fan and killing us in the Bombay heat and most of all his brilliance which inspired some great creativity. Well, thats Preetesh. Not all will appreciate  the laid back attitude (which is actually is how it should be - his energies in are focused towards enjoying life) but then not all know about the side of him which can leave the best of the best awestruck. He is probably the most fun person to hang around with. I remember the 1 hour call in early December when he was coaxing me to make it for the wedding ('Atleast sangeet mein toh aaja dude. It will be more fun than the shaadi and clandestine arrangements for alcohol will be made' - typical Preetesh). I was making fun of him about living the dream (Preetesh, you know what I mean). But, from the bottom of my heart, Preetesh, you are one of the best guys I know. I am lucky to have you as a friend and your better half [yes she's surely the better half dude :)] is super lucky to have you in her life. I need not say enjoy married life because I'm sure you will... I will rather say, 'Dude, get a job!!' :-D

Last but by no means the least, Varun who got engaged four days ago. Unfortunately, I missed the engagement. Varun is a person who I didn't talk to much during B school. But the 5 days we spend on the most rocking trip of our lives, I got to know him better. A good friend, fun to be with but most of all, a brilliant and honest guy! Dude, I will be there for the wedding. For now, my only message to you  Varun is... Dude, Cmon, please lets go to Goa next month!! :) (Sanjit, please take note!)

Well, that was the full report of this shaadi season... Wish all of you the best in life. People like you make life worth living....  hope see you guys soon!

3 comments:

  1. Funnily enough, I am reading this blog on the 'macbook' we won out of our project... and which the two of you....... forget it!

    It was really great that you attended the Sangeet... truly appreciate it... hope you had fun! And the gift, as I told you before, is AWESOME...

    and as discussed earlier, anytime you decide to land up here, just let me know! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cant thank ALL of you enough for Lavasa...I KNOW everyone came just for me...it was truly special and memorable...miss you all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey dude.....u sure b here @ dat time ....b4 dat we celebr8 ur b'day in Mumbai n den our Sula Music Fest trip is gonna b rockin for sure !!!

    ReplyDelete