"Naseeb se jyada aur waqt se pehle kuch bhi mila toh hume yaad karna"... a wise statement from a not so wise man
As I was rambling on and discussing about the unimportant things in life in one of our customary phone calls, this friend of mine threw this line at me at some point of time. We went on to talk about more random stuff and hung up after contributing a fair bit to the telecom company revenues.
A while later it came back to me. In how much ever matter of fact way this was said, it has a profound meaning. Well, may be not so profound but still it feels good to pretend that one is capable of appreciating the complexity in the simplest of things.
How many times do we crib about work to our friends? How many times do we think we're getting short sold in professional and the larger context of life? How many times do we just pass the day going through the motions? Do we often spend disproportionate amount of time worrying about how we're going to make things work out tomorrow, day after and beyond?
If the answer to this is one time too many then all this, all this that we do does not make a whole lot of sense. Its just a whole lot of noise.
Noise. It gives you a sense of being around the hustle and bustle of important things, doing important stuff, influencing important matters. A false sense of being on track. But in the end it is noise. It is not sonorous. There is no harmony about it.
If in the end if its just to be a juxtaposition of fate and time, then what is the use of putting oneself through senseless ordeals.
Is it all written? Why the hell should I even care!
Why should I care about feeling like an odd man out amidst all this pretense around us? Why should I care about how things will turn out tomorrow, regardless of whether predetermined or purely governed by probabilistic chance?
All I should care about is today! All we should care about are the thing and people we care about.
All I do care about is am I happy about today, about doing what I am doing? Does passing the day seem effortless instead of a tough task. Am I totally 100% in this moment or all those moments just mere seconds minutes days and years that have passed.
Why should I care about fate and time. If we take care and just focus on today, won't these two take care of themselves?
As I was rambling on and discussing about the unimportant things in life in one of our customary phone calls, this friend of mine threw this line at me at some point of time. We went on to talk about more random stuff and hung up after contributing a fair bit to the telecom company revenues.
A while later it came back to me. In how much ever matter of fact way this was said, it has a profound meaning. Well, may be not so profound but still it feels good to pretend that one is capable of appreciating the complexity in the simplest of things.
How many times do we crib about work to our friends? How many times do we think we're getting short sold in professional and the larger context of life? How many times do we just pass the day going through the motions? Do we often spend disproportionate amount of time worrying about how we're going to make things work out tomorrow, day after and beyond?
If the answer to this is one time too many then all this, all this that we do does not make a whole lot of sense. Its just a whole lot of noise.
Noise. It gives you a sense of being around the hustle and bustle of important things, doing important stuff, influencing important matters. A false sense of being on track. But in the end it is noise. It is not sonorous. There is no harmony about it.
If in the end if its just to be a juxtaposition of fate and time, then what is the use of putting oneself through senseless ordeals.
Is it all written? Why the hell should I even care!
Why should I care about feeling like an odd man out amidst all this pretense around us? Why should I care about how things will turn out tomorrow, regardless of whether predetermined or purely governed by probabilistic chance?
All I should care about is today! All we should care about are the thing and people we care about.
All I do care about is am I happy about today, about doing what I am doing? Does passing the day seem effortless instead of a tough task. Am I totally 100% in this moment or all those moments just mere seconds minutes days and years that have passed.
Why should I care about fate and time. If we take care and just focus on today, won't these two take care of themselves?
No comments:
Post a Comment