Something ticks and it gets me back to putting my meagre thoughts on paper after an unnecessarily long hiatus.
The long gone but familiar setting. A buzz in my head and chill in the air. Legs in auto mode taking me to my destination. I slip into one of the cosy by lanes, a welcome diversion from the chaos. As always, it is also the shorter route.
Something happens next. Its like the feeling you get when the hair on the back of you neck stand up. I might as well have walked into a portal which takes me (or rather my mind) back in time.
The buzzing sound in my head takes a backseat. Its still there nevertheless adding an edgy element to the whole situation
Now, there are some emotions for which language and words can only do the job of labeling them. To really understand what the dictionary is trying to tell us, first hand experience is the key. So as I realized, while the phrase "a walk down memory lane" is a overused cliche', in reality it can be eerily pleasant experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment