Saturday, April 14, 2012

The dreadful question

There was a time when I believed,
that  I could touch the sky and bring it down,
but then they taught me about gravity,
and that was it.

There was a time when I dreamed,
that I would roam the world, a wanderer, not caring for anything much,
but then they told me how the society and world works as such,
and that was it.

There was a time when I believed,
that impossible was a stupid word,
bounded by the realms of logic,
but then they taught me to think rationally,
and that was it.

There is now a time,
when I think about the time,
when nothing seemed too daunting nor too significant,
when the process of dreaming was all there was to it,
when the journey was more fulfilling than reaching the destination,
when I did not care about what next and enjoyed the now of life,
when the only question in my mind was still, whats next,
and now there is today when I can only reminisce,
and the only question I can ask my self is the dreadful question, What if!

But the beauty of life is such,
that there is still time for pretty much,
to reduce the count of casualties to this dreadful question,
to think stupidly like a child,
to touch the sky, roam the world, be carefree and question logic,
to ensure that there will be a time,
when I will think of this time,
and on its mention,
only thought in my mind will be the answer to this dreadful question!

2 comments: